Best Online Casino Sites in Spain
When it comes to online gambling, Spain is one of the most liberal European countries, allowing all forms of online casino gaming as long as a platform is licensed and regulated by the local authorities.
While players around the globe sometimes have to hide their online gambling activities, Spanish players can openly play games at online casinos in Spain.
The sites that we recommend are trustworthy and put your security first. We’ve reviewed their payment options, choice of games and customer support to bring you the best online casino sites in Spain.
|1||Wildz||100% Bonus||200 Freespins||Play Now|
|2||ComeOn||100% Bonus||20 Freespins||Play Now|
|3||Vera John Review||200% Bonus||0 Freespins||Play Now|
|4||Betway||100% Bonus||200 Freespins||Play Now|
|5||Casumo Review||€200 Bonus||200 Freespins||Play Now|
|6||Royal Panda Review||5% Bonus||0 Freespins||Play Now|
|7||Mobilebet Review||200% Bonus||0 Freespins||Play Now|
|8||Slotty Vegas Review||€350 Bonus||135 Freespins||Play Now|
Can I play Casino in Spain?
In short, yes. Thanks to several bills that have been passed over the years, there are more and more casinos that accept Spanish players. Some are even located within the country, making them accountable for their actions and ensuring players feel safe. Take note, though, that Spanish players are taxed on their winnings.
Most Popular Deposit Methods in Spain
The first step to real money gambling is to make a deposit. Online casinos in Spain accept a wide variety of trust payment methods, such as:
- Apple Pay
- Bank transfer
As for currencies, online casinos in Spain accept EUR and USD, mainly, along with other options like Argentine pesos.
Frequently asked questions about online casinos in Spain
Are online casinos legal in Spain?
Yes. Spain enjoys a legalised and regulated online gambling market, making online casinos in Spain perfectly legal.
Which are the best online casinos in Spain?
The best online casinos in Spain are ones that offer you everything you need for your gambling experience, like lucrative bonuses, a wide selection of games and flexible payment options.
What is the legal age limit to gamble in Spain?
Gamblers must be 18 years or older to play at online Spanish casinos.
Which Online casino in Spain has the best payout?
It differs from one casino in Spain to the next. Our in-depth reviews of online casinos in Spain include information like payout speeds and game RTPs to help you make a decision.
Are the best online casinos in Spain licenced?
Yes, the casinos that we recommend either hold local Spanish gaming licenses or are offshore casinos that have applied for and received licensing and permission to offer their services to Spanish gamblers.
Do the best casinos in Spain offer casino bonuses?
Yes, the best online casinos in Spain offer a range of bonuses, including welcome bonuses, free spins and loyalty rewards, all with wagering requirements and chances to extend your gameplay.
Are online casino winnings taxed in Spain?
Yes, unfortunately, Spanish players do incur taxes on casino winnings. If you declare gambling as your official source of income, you will have to pay 20% tax on your winnings, provided the winnings exceed €2,500. The good news is that you can deduct your losses from your winnings.
Do all online casinos accept Spanish players?
All the online casinos in Spain on our recommended list welcome Spanish players in a secure and regulated gaming environment.
Live Casino in Spain
Live casinos are the perfect combination of online gaming and the land-based casino experience. You can take full advantage of this experience from the comfort of home with the best live casinos in Spain, complete with bonuses, glamorous dealers and HD streaming in real-time.
We must warn you, though, there are some Spanish casinos that don’t offer a complete list of live dealer games. There are, however, those that offer Evolution Gaming’s Ruleta en Vivo, and you can also enjoy plenty of blackjack, baccarat, poker and game show live casino games.
Casino Bonuses in Spain
Whether you’re a casual player or a high roller, casino bonuses in Spain are something to look forward to. But the bonus amount isn’t the most important feature to look out for. Rather, you need to be aware of terms, conditions and wagering requirements, such as:
- The number of times you must play through the bonus funds, winnings and deposit before making a withdrawal.
- Most bonuses carry limited time periods.
- Bonus contributions are important to know if you want to clear the wagering requirements.
- Some payment methods are not eligible for a bonus.
- There is often a minimum deposit amount required to claim a bonus as well as a cap on how much you can win with bonus funds.
Other than those points, you’ll find all the usual rewarding bonuses at online casinos in Spain, including:
- Deposit bonuses
- Free spins
- Reload bonuses
- Cashback bonuses
- Loyalty rewards
Betting in Spain
Under the Spanish Gambling Act, only sportsbooks with a “.es” domain can offer services to Spanish punters. So, if you’re in Spain and you enter a sportsbook’s site, you’ll be directed to the “.es” domain. Any online bookmaker that fails to comply with the country’s conditions faces prosecution.
Overall, betting in Spain is not illegal, but residents are obligated to bet at local operators or online sportsbooks that have obtained a license to offer their services in Spain.
Brief History of Gambling In Spain
It took a long time for online casinos in Spain to become legalised. Records show that Spanish inhabitants were playing dice games even before the Romans landed in Iberia. It is believed that these people also indulged in some sort of card game and even chess, way back during the middle ages.
King Alfonso XI of Castile issued an order in 1332, banning his soldiers from taking part in any types of games of chance and card games, and John I of Castile issued a similar order in 1387, also banning chess and dice games.
Over 400 years later in 1882, Spain’s government launched the national lottery, which is called “Loteria Nacional.” The purpose was to raise money for public projects. Today, it is the longest-running lottery in the world.
The very first land-based casino in Spain opened in 1838 and was called Casino de Madrid. It was a social hub for the wealthy, with more casinos emerging later in the 19th and 20th centuries. But in the 1920s, things took a turn when Spanish dictator, Miguel Primo de Rivera banned all types of gambling (except for the lottery).
Finally, in 1977, Spanish prime minister, Adolfo Suarez took measures to legalise casinos and gambling in the country. The games on the “acceptable” list included punto banco, blackjack, baccarat and roulette. The governments in 17 Spanish regions became responsible for licensing and monitoring operators.
The Spanish Gaming Act was passed in 2011, allowing online casinos in Spain. The law allows operators to apply for permits to offer real money casino games to citizens. Permits are issued by the Directorate-General for the Regulation of Gambling Activities.
Spain Casino License and Regulation 🛡️
Offshore casino operators who legally want to offer online casinos in Spain must apply for a Spanish license via the Directorate General for the Regulation of Gambling. This body operates as part of the Ministry of Finance and Public Administration and is also responsible for managing gambling records and penalising unauthorised gaming activities in the country.
There are three types of casino licenses available in Spain:
- Single-game license – valid for 1 to 5 years
- General license – valid for 10 years
- Permits for a short period of time – such as one-time gambling activities
Spain casino licenses are not transferable and how long they are valid for all depends on the type of license.
Spanish gambling licenses and regulations cover everything from sports betting to slots, bingo, poker, live casino games and table games.
Offshore casinos in Spain must comply with a number of requirements as set out by the General Directorate. For instance, the operator’s servers have to be located in Spain so that authorities can monitor them accordingly.
How to Play Casino in Spain
Finding the best online casinos in Spain is no easy task. There are tons out there. But we’re here to help you deal with the plethora of choices. The casinos that we recommend are operators that stand out from the crowd with flexible and secure payment methods, excellent bonuses and plenty of games.
Before you can even sign up at a casino in Spain, there are a few things to consider:
- The range of games – you’ll want to play at an operator that can keep you occupied and satisfied. The best way to achieve this is by providing superior quality games and tons of popular titles. That should include a good selection of slots, video poker, table games and live casino options.
- Bonuses and promotions – licensed casinos in Spain know that to get you to sign up and keep playing, they need to offer enticing bonuses, promotions and rewards. We cover these in our extensive casino reviews.
- Payment methods – casinos that accept Spanish players need to provide a decent range of trustworthy payment options, low to no withdrawal fees and fast payouts. Some even allow you to deposit in your local currency.
Once you’ve found a casino you like the look of, all you need to do is sign up, complete the registration and verification processes, make a deposit and start playing!
The Best Spanish Casino Games
Now that you know what to look for in a top online casino in Spain, it’s time we covered the best online casino games that are popular with Spanish gamers. These include:
- Slots – Spanish players love slots for their simple gameplay and exciting bonuses, along with vibrant themes. There’s all sorts to choose from like classic 3-reel games up and the latest 3D, immersive video slots, all with varying paylines and winning chances.
- Poker – Spanish players also enjoy games of strategy and skill, and poker requires both. There are tons of tables, live dealers and video poker games to try at the best online casinos in Spain.
- Blackjack – Blackjack is a popular casino card game, with exciting variants like Dragon Gaming Blackjack and Live Blackjack sought out by Spanish players.
- Craps – this game requires a combination of luck and skill, making it a go-to game for many gamblers who want to roll the dice in games like Diabolic Throw from software provider Betixon.
- Roulette – with so many variations, the gorgeous red and white wheel game is a popular option at Spanish online casinos and with so many variants, you’re sure to keep busy.