Best International Online Casino Sites 🌎
To make things as easy as possible, we’ll start this guide off by listing all the best international online casinos available right now. Our list is based on hundreds of many hours of research, our team’s combined experience from the industry, and thousands of user reviews. This to ensure its accuracy.
We also update the list regularly to mirror the currency situation, meaning new casinos are added when we see fit while others are removed from our recommendations when needed. Here are the best international casino sites.
|1||Wildz||100% Bonus||200 Freespins||Play Now|
|2||ComeOn||100% Bonus||20 Freespins||Play Now|
|3||Betway||100% Bonus||200 Freespins||Play Now|
🙋 Best international online casino FAQ
Frequently asked questions about international online casinos
Are international online casinos safe?
Yes, some international online casinos are safe. Unfortunately, far from all casinos are available online and a substantial part of all online casinos are not regulated or safe.
Therefore, you have to be careful when picking an online casino and ensure that it’s regulated and legally operating in your country. The easiest way to do so is to rely on the recommendations found on this site. We compared all the best online casinos in the world based on unbiased, expert reviews and customer feedback.
You find a list of some of the top regulatory bodies around the world above as well as examples of different regulation and markets. Always make sure you research the laws that apply where you live.
Which are the best international online casino sites?
That depends on where in the world you live since the selection of online casinos will be affected by the gambling laws of your country or jurisdiction. Also, even though there are plenty of international online casinos and sportsbooks, there is no site that is available in every single country.
Therefore, the list of the best international casinos is a varying matter.
Now, with that being said, we have listed what we believe are the best online casinos in the world right now on this page. As you’ll soon discover, a majority of those gambling sites are registered in Europe and regulated according to EU regulation. That is because the European Union supports one of the most attractive and safe online gambling markets in the world.
Which international online casino has the best payout?
Similar to the answer above, the best casino payout varies from country to country. It’s a statistic affected by the types of games offered in the said jurisdiction and the availability of game developers.
That’s why we suggest that you compare the casinos that are available to you, preferably using our very practical comparison tools.
Remember that a good payout rate is anything above 97% while anything over 98% is great. Although, you shouldn’t pick casinos solely based on its payout percentage. Check out the guide above to learn more about how to pick the perfect international online casinos.
Are the best international online casinos licensed?
An online casino should always be licensed and approved to be operating in the regions where they operate. Now, many countries in the world have clear rules about how online casinos can offer their services and requirements they have to live up to.
The problem is that far from all countries have established gambling laws creating grey zones where casinos aren’t technically licensed. But that doesn’t mean you should ever use unlicensed casinos. Let us explain.
If gambling online in Norway – where the government has a monopoly on all gambling – you will most likely want to use an online casino that’s not owned by the government because non-government online casinos tend to be better.
Then you have to consider using casinos operating in the legal grey zone. These casinos, however, should be licensed somewhere else in Europe such as in Malta.
Do International online casinos offer bonuses?
Yes, all online casinos have bonuses, campaigns, tournaments, and offers. Once again, you can read more about bonuses such as free spins, cashback, and tournaments on this site. We also suggest that you compare some of the brokers where you live to find the most suitable bonus for you.
What age should you be to sign up to an international online casino?
The legal age to gamble is 18 in almost every country in the world. The most obvious and well-known exception is the United States where the legal gambling age is 21, just like the legal drinking age.
Do International online casino sites offer live casino?
Most online casinos offer live casinos. There are a number of great live casino platforms and developers that serve casinos from all over.
In our opinion, the best one is Evolution Gaming with their huge selection of games, tables, and live dealers.
If you live in India you want to find a live casino offering local favourites such as Teen Patti and Andar Bahar.
Are International online casino winnings taxed?
Whether or not you’re supposed to pay taxes on your casino winnings is something you need to research yourself. Please contact your local tax office to make sure that you are paying your taxes accordingly.
With that said, many countries do not impose taxes on gambling, even in respectable economies such as the UK.
Where can you play at international casinos?
Today, online casinos and betting sites are available almost all over the world. The problem is that almost no online casino covers all regions. This is making it a little bit tricky to find the best international online casino site.
Let’s take a look at each region.
Right now, there is no doubt that the European Union has the most well-established casino market in the world, mostly thanks to great regulation that supports casino businesses while protecting players.
Also, several of the top gaming control boards are based in Europe, with the Malta Gaming Authority, the UK Gaming Authority, and the Swedish Spelinspektionen are among the top ones.
In addition, online gambling is on a steady incline in Asia with countries such as India and Singapore leading the pack. In some Asian countries, new gambling laws are currently in the works and we suspect the market will grow exponentially in the next few years.
The last big casino market in the world is North America. Unfortunately, gambling is strictly regulated and still illegal in most American states, except for Nevada and New Jersey with a few more. Online betting is, generally speaking, more readily available in the US than online casinos, although it’s still very limited.
We have a similar situation in Canada where every territory can introduce its own gambling laws. In turn, this has resulted in a complicated system that deters most online casinos from even trying to establish themselves on the local market.
Most Popular Casino Deposit Methods in the World
The most popular deposit methods in the world are most likely methods that you’re either familiar with and comfortable using or at least something you’ve heard of. Currently, the following methods are the most used payment options in the casino industry.
- Bank Transfers: transfers from one bank account (the customers) to another bank account (the casinos) remain one of the most popular options to fund casino accounts. It’s a payment option that most people have used in the past. It’s also done with your bank which ensures a high level of safety.
- Debit Cards: payments with debit cards are by far the most popular of the traditional payment options. Depending on where in the world you live, the process might differ slightly. The point is always that you provide the casino with your card information and then make a transaction directly from your bank to the casino. It’s a very fast and reliable option that’s available to everyone.
- Credit Card: Credit Cards used to be one of the more popular options. However, due to increased regulation and a global focus on player protection, credit card gambling is not as widely accepted as it once was. This is to ensure that players only play using money they own and, more importantly, can afford to lose. We are not supporters of credit card gambling and strongly recommend that you only deposit funds that are yours.
- Checks: similar to credit cards, checks are rarely supported by casinos in the European Union. However, in some regions where online payments are still a privilege, online casinos tend to still accept checks. The same goes for casinos in North America that often handle both deposits and withdrawals using checks.
Electronic payment systems have been dominating the gambling industry for the past decade. It comes naturally that someone that gambles online also uses online payment solutions.
Moreover, these options are really reliable, convenient, and fast, making them perfect for casino and betting sites.
- PayPal: this globally recognised company is by far one of the most used electronic payment platforms ever. Every year, millions of transactions are performed using PayPal, and a substantial amount of those transactions are related to online gambling, casinos, and betting sites.
- Skrill: one of the preferred payment systems offered by almost every online casino and betting site that we have ever tested (and we’ve tested them all). It’s convenient to use, very safe, and globally accepted meaning it’s available to almost everyone in the entire world.
- Neteller: is pretty much a replica of Skrill and also one of the preferred methods offered by pretty much every online casino out there.
- AstroPay Card: This is a virtual payment card that is accepted by thousands of online stores and services, including a wide range of casino and betting sites around the world. It’s known for being easy to use and very safe, it’s also available in countries where online payments is a rather new concept
- ecoPayz: This is an electronic payment system with large support in the online casino and betting industry. This payment option is almost as popular in Europe as it is elsewhere in the world.
Being the fact that the online casino industry is often being quick to adopt new technological advancements, it should come as no surprise that the industry was quick to jump on the cryptocurrency bandwagon.
Today, there are several great international casinos that support transactions in cryptocurrencies. Most of them are casinos offering their services in jurisdictions where other payment options are limited.
Some of the most popular cryptocurrencies for online casinos are:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Ripple (XPR)
Playing Live Casino Internationally
Live casino is according to use and most other seasoned casino gamblers, the most exciting way to enjoy classic casino games online. The unique setup where you gamble at a table with other online players, as well as a live-streamed dealer, creates a unique environment that closely resembles that of a brick and mortar casino.
Generally speaking, live casinos are offered by all the top online casinos in the world. Therefore, it’s a form of gambling that’s enjoyed regularly by millions of people.
However, that is not the case everywhere, and certain jurisdictions have imposed strict limitations on live casinos. Oftentimes, this is either because the entire market is restricted in that jurisdiction, or because the government holds a monopoly on table games such as blackjack, roulette, etc.
The online casinos that qualify for this guide offer live casinos in one way or another. Most of the European casinos offer live casino games from Evolution Gaming, while some large international casinos have live platforms from several providers.
How Does Casino Bonuses Work Internationally?
To many players, casino bonuses (or the lack thereof) is one of the most important factors when finding a new online casino or betting site, regardless of where in the world that person resides.
Moreover, bonuses are considered one of the more “risky” aspects of gambling since they can inspire gamblers to spend more money than they intend and can afford. Therefore, bonuses are often the first thing that gets regulated when new online gambling laws are introduced.
Because of this, it’s rather complicated to list all the most popular bonuses in different regions. Instead, we’ve listed the most popular bonuses in general, and you’ll have to double-check which bonuses are allowed where you live on your own.
- Free spins – This type of bonus is rather self-explanatory. You see, a free spin is a spin (or round) that you don’t have to pay for. They can be offered on slots (most common) as well as on sports betting but then it’s normally referred to as a free wager.
- Welcome bonuses – Perhaps the most common bonus offered by almost all of the top online casinos in the world. When offered a welcome bonus, the casino in question will match your first deposit up to a certain amount. For example, “100% Welcome Bonus Up to £300”.
- No-deposit bonuses – Similar to a welcome bonus with the difference being that you don’t have to make a deposit to be credited the bonus amount. This type of bonus can also be offered as free spins, ie. no-deposit free spins.
- Cashbacks – Similar to credit cards, some casinos and betting sites offer you a certain percentage of your wagers back. This often applies to your overall losses, but can also be offered on your total wagering amount during a specific time period.
- Jackpots – Technically not a casino bonus, casino jackpots still offer great value to players and should always be considered useful. Some slots have fixed bonuses while others have progressive bonuses that continue to grow until someone wins them.
Don’t forget the bonus requirements
Before you accept any form of bonus on a betting site or online casino, you have to be aware of the requirements.
You see, it’s very rare for a casino to offer you a completely free bonus, without the casino wanting something in return. In most cases, this is determined by a so-called Wagering Requirement.
A wagering requirement explains how many times you have to wager your bonus amount and/or winnings to cash out. It’s not uncommon that a welcome bonus comes with a 30x wagering requirement, which means you have to wager the credited bonus amount 30 times before you can make a withdrawal.
Also, casinos tend not to allow any withdrawals to be made while the player has an active bonus, or they run the risk of losing the entire bonus and any related winnings.
Our point is that you want to read the bonus requirements in full and ensure that you understand them, BEFORE you accept any casino bonus, anywhere in the world.
Betting with International Online Betting Sites
Betting is, in many ways, the original form of gambling. Humans are known to have wagered money and other belongings on sports for as long as we have been playing sports.
A result of this is that betting is more widely accepted than casino games, especially online. However, it has also resulted in many countries holding monopolies on betting and similar games such as lotteries and bingo.
Despite this, the number of great international betting sites is large and steadily growing.
Today, most betting sites are offered through online casinos, ie. most gambling sites have one platform for casino games (slots, etc.), one platform for live casinos (roulette, blackjack, etc.), as well as a platform for betting (sports, politics, etc.).
The most popular sports in betting is football, horse racing, and motorsports. Many betting sites also offer local betting options such as cricket in India, bandy betting in Sweden, etc.
It has also become increasingly popular to bet on eSports such as CS:GO; League of Legends and FIFA.
Note that we hold the best betting sites to the same high standards as online casinos. Therefore, you can expect all the betting sites recommended by us to be fully legal, regulated, and safe to use.
International Casino License and Regulation 🛡️
Every jurisdiction in the world has certain rules regarding gambling and betting, and most countries have their own regulatory bodies. Below, we’ve listed all the main governing bodies in the world right now. Please note that the list is not complete and only includes the most reputable online gambling boards.
European Casino Regulation
Europe has one of the healthiest casino markets in the world, many thanks to serious regulation with a focus on customer safety. Unfortunately, this doesn’t apply to all of Europe and some countries are still lagging behind such as Norway which has very outdated gaming laws.
Another example is Germany, a country with a massive gambling market that only recently updated its laws to accommodate international online casinos.
With that said, several of the world’s most reputable gaming commissions are based in the European Union. Read more about the top gaming control boards below.
Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) – Widely considered to be the top governing body on the international casino market. Due to the attractive gambling and business climate in Malta, many of the top international casinos are based in the country.
MGA was founded in 2001 and has given the local gaming market a huge boost. Today, online casinos and betting sites represent 12% of Malta’s total GDP, effectively making Malta the top casino country in the world.
UK Gaming Authority – Is, in many ways, internationally considered to be the top gaming regulator in the world. Sports betting is a large part of the British culture and thanks to the UK Gaming Authority, the market is thriving with many exciting betting sites and online casinos, all offered under safe and controlled matters.
Due to this body’s reputation on the international market, many countries around the world consider a British gambling license enough to approve and/or license a betting site. Our point is that an online casino or betting site with a UK gambling license is to be considered safe and serious.
Spelinspektionen (SI – Sweden) – Was established in 2019 after a massive update of the country’s casino laws. The new laws aim to protect gamblers by limiting the number of licenses issued as well as strict requirements that all casinos promote responsible gambling.
There have also been a lot of restrictions put on how you can market online casinos in Sweden as well as the types of bonuses offered. In turn, this has resulted in Sweden having a rather unique, but thriving online casino market where only the best casinos in the world are allowed.
As often is with stricter laws, the new gambling regulation has created somewhat of a grey market for international casinos that have not yet been licensed by SI.
American Casino Regulation
- Nevada Gaming Commission – one of the leading regulatory bodies in the US online casino market. They’re tasked with regulating casinos, sportsbooks, and online casinos operating in the state.
- New York State Gaming Commission – regulates all casinos and betting operators in New York state. Please note that online casinos are not prevalent in the state.
- New Jersey Casino Control Board – tasked with overseeing all forms of gambling in New Jersey, including online operators as well as the casinos in Atlantic City.
- The Canadian Gaming Association (CGA) – is the main regulatory body in Canada. However, each territory has its own regulation and regulatory bodies, creating a large difference in the domestic market.
- Curacao – is one of the biggest and most well-established regulatory bodies for international online casinos. Although, their legitimacy and reputation is a widely discussed topic. For example, a casino with an MGA license will always be considered safer and more serious than a Curacao-regulated operator.
Asian Gaming Regulation
Casino Regulatory Authority of Singapore is currently the one main gaming control board in Asia. This is because most markets in Asia completely lack gaming regulation.
A good example of this is India, a country where they are currently working on updating the regulation. Until that is done, only online casinos regulated elsewhere in the world are allowed to offer their services to Indian players.